Valentine’s Day is a special day. It’s a time to celebrate love and affection, whether it be with your significant other, friends, or family.
Sometimes it can be a challenge to come up with fresh, romantic date-night ideas that are also affordable. Luckily for you, we have compiled this list of great, budget-friendly options to choose from this Valentines day.
Whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure, a cultural experience, or just a cozy night in, these ideas will help you plan the perfect Valentine’s Day date without breaking the bank.
- Take a romantic walk through Kings Park and Botanic Garden: Kings Park is one of our most beautiful assets and it just so happens to be the perfect spot for a romantic walk. It offers stunning views of the city and the Swan River, as well as luscious blooms throughout the Botanic Garden. You can also take a picnic and enjoy the beautiful surroundings as you watch the sun set over skyline.
- Visit one of Perth’s many beaches: Cottesloe Beach and City Beach are both popular choices for a romantic stroll. Not up for the walk? Take a dip or bring a blanket to watch the sunset together.
- Explore the Perth Cultural Centre: The Perth Cultural Centre offers a variety of free art galleries and museums to visit, including the Art Gallery of Western Australia and the Western Australian Museum. Use the opportunity to not only spend quality time together, but to learn about the culture and history of Perth and bond over any shared interests.
- Go for a bike ride along the Swan River: The bike path along the Swan River is easy to ride and is surrounded by beautiful views of the river and the city. What a great way to get some exercise and take in the scenery together.
- Take a ferry ride across the Swan River: See the city from a different perspective and enjoy some time together on the Swan River ferry. With stunning city views and an abundance of bars and restaurants to choose from when you come ashore, good times are guaranteed.
- Cook a romantic dinner at home: Instead of going out for dinner, why not plan a special meal at home. Even better, cook together and enjoy the comfort and serenity of your own space and the intimacy of sharing the experience.
- Take a walk around the Perth Mint: The Perth Mint is a historical and cultural landmark, and it offers free tours that are both informative and interesting. You can learn about the history of the Mint and see the process of gold pouring.
- Have a movie night in: Rent or stream a romantic movie, snuggle up on the couch and enjoy each other’s company. This can be a cozy and intimate way to spend Valentine’s Day together without going out.
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be expensive to be special. Be creative and plan something special – your partner will appreciate the effort you put in to make this day special.